Dental Implants in Huntsville AL
Are you missing a tooth?
If so, you know what a frustrating experience it can be. You probably feel self-conscious and don’t want to smile. You might feel discomfort when you try to eat your favorite foods, and your speech might be affected. Because our society places such a stigma on missing teeth, you might even be missing out on career opportunities.
As if this wasn’t bad enough, the problems caused by missing teeth go even deeper than you know. Once you lose a tooth, your periodontal bone begins to deteriorate, and the stage is set for further tooth loss. Plus, as your bone shrinks, the shape of your face begins to change. We want to help you prevent this and restore your smile and your self-confidence, and dental implants are the best way.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is essentially a false tooth with a root that is made of titanium, a biocompatible metal. We surgically place the “root” into your jawbone and then allow it to heal. As you heal, the root actually integrates with your bone, giving it the best possible security and stability. This process is called osseointegration.
Once the area is healed, we’ll restore the implant with a custom-made crown. The crown will be designed to blend in beautifully with your other teeth. In most cases, nobody can tell which tooth is the implant and which ones are your natural teeth!
If you are missing multiple teeth, we can discuss your other restoration options. We can use implants to hold a bridge in place, which allows us to replace multiple teeth without having to make any changes to the adjacent teeth. We can also use implants to support dentures. By placing implants in a few strategic locations and fitting them with clasps, you can literally click your dentures into place, where they will remain, securely, until you decide you’re ready to remove them.
FREE IMPLANT CONSULTATION
For Implants, Fixed Bridges and Implant Supported Dentures
A $550 Value!
This is a limited time offer. Call (256) 880-1884 Today!
Why Choose King Dental for your Dental Implants?
One Stop Shop
Most other dentists send their patients who are getting implants to another practitioner for the placement of the dental implant. At our office, Dr. King places your implants himself! This allows you to get the full implant treatment – from start to finish – under one roof. Plus, by having the entire implant process completed at our office, you avoid the risk of errors caused by miscommunication between providers. Dr. King will be by your side from start to finish, so you can be cared for by the dentist you know and trust in a comfortable, homelike environment.
3D Diagnostic X-Rays
We utilize a special type of x-ray known as a 3D cone beam scanner. This advanced technology gives Dr. King the most accurate visual possible of your existing bone mass so that he can place implants with incredible precision and a high success rate. You should never get a dental implant without have a 3D image completed first!
Types of Dental Implants
King Dental uses the highest quality, American-made implants in our procedures. There are several different options:
- Single Implant – Tooth Replacement: This is a ideal if you are missing a single tooth. A single implant is placed and a crown restoration is then attached on top of the implant to replace the missing tooth. This is a full crown that is attached, not a tooth cap like what is normally used to cover a damaged tooth. A dental implant, if properly maintained, can last a lifetime. It is a much more reliable option than a bridge or flipper.
- Multiple Implants – Teeth Replacement: If you are missing more than one tooth, but still has healthy gums and surrounding teeth, a multiple implants solution may be your best option. Two fixtures are implanted and the crowns or fixed bridge are attached to them.
- All-on-4 and All-on-6: We can now replace an entire arch using as few as four dental implants! The implants are placed around your dental arch, with two angled at the back of your jaw for stability. A restoration (bridge or denture) is then attached. This gives you the look and function of a full arch of teeth without using an implant for every missing tooth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Dental implants are able to give you a superior level of support and stability when used with dentures. Implant-supported dentures use a few implants to keep your denture in place. A bar runs from one implant to the others and attaches to the back of the denture to keep it in place. This eliminates the need for messy denture adhesives and restores the full look of your smile. You can finally eat the food you want to eat!
- Implant-Retained Dentures – These are similar to implant-supported dentures in that they use dental implants to secure dentures, but they are still removable. The implants have ball fixtures placed on top of them, and the denture can snap into the balls.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
If you are missing teeth but are otherwise in overall good health, you are probably a good candidate for a dental implant. We encourage you to call our Huntsville dental office today and request a dental implant consultation with Dr. David King.
Dental Implant Videos